Sunday, May 29, 2011

Wait Weight

I have been trying to lose weight. I know it takes time. I got a gym membership. I paid an arm-n-leg for my Mom's trainer. He is wonderful. I lost some, but I am stuck. I am so close to my goal of 155, my pre-pregnancy weight. After I workout my scale says 156 and sometimes (if I am lucky that day) 155.6, but usually 158. Ugh. Blech!
Its not that I mind the diet. I like most of the stuff I am eating and I am not hungry or starving all the time. I just miss all of the "other" foods that I am not supposed to eat. Like...oh...cookies, cake, ice cream. I don't want to eat them all the time. I am just so frustrated at NOT losing those last few pounds. (Or more like I had planned) Yes, yes. It is just a number on a scale and it shouldn't matter that much. I feel like the flab on my arms, thighs and belly matter more. I have lost so much, so how come I see it mostly in my Boobs? Yup, waay smaller. Now, that is just not fair. I can fit into my old jeans, which is nice. But I yearn for my pre-pregnancy shape. You know that curvy hour-glass one that looks killer in a knit dress. The one where I didn't so much *like* my muscular legs, but still felt good enough to wear a bikini. Yea, thats the one I want back. I have lost weight, but that body is sooo not here.
So, I am giving up on this whole diet/ lose weight thing. I am still going to work out and eat healthy. But mostly I think I will just buy a new swim suit. (and bra, grrr...)

1 comment:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Unfortunately it's the price we pay for being a mother. I've come to the conclusion that I will never look like I did before kids, and that's okay...but let's not talk about the lack of boobs! :) Way to go on losing all that weight!!