Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Handy Helper

I do not want to be whiny, but my hands HURT! I need some HELP! At his request, I have started to carry Rome around a lot. Especially in the afternoon when he is fussy and tired and I need to do things besides just rock him. So, he is really hot and sweaty and my hands get really hot and sweaty. Therefore, my hands are wet for hours every day. They started to hurt a little bit and it was annoying. Then, it got worse. My fingertips feel like I have been playing with fiberglass and have little splinters all over them. I don't want to do things or touch anything. I tried to write with a pen today and it hurt so bad! I tried putting on lots of lotion at night and letting it soak in. That didn't do much. I thought maybe I could get some gloves so I am not sweaty on him. My grandma suggested maybe to put baby powder on them. I don't know what else to do, I need some help here! I can't just stop holding my baby! Any ideas to help my hurting hands?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh man! I have never even heard of that happening. have you tried googling it? You could also try posting your question on clubmom.com (love that website). Let me know what you find out. I am so sorry!

Lacey said...

try satin hands from mary kay and find a way to keep them dry...sounds like they are getting chapped and then cracking. Have you been using your sling?? That is a hands free way to hold Rome.

Jocie said...

Rome hates the sling. I keep trying it though. I did figure out what was wrong. I have excema on my palms. I found little bumps just like the regular rash. Now I just have to get rid of it...