Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ducky Fishing

Back in October I was having a hard time with Rome. He would not take a nap, but would not be happy just playing or watching TV every afternoon either. I didn't like putting him in front of the TV, but by 3 pm I was ready to kill him and needed a Mommy Break. (I still really miss his naps.) So, I started looking up toddler activities. I found tons of stuff I could do and not any time to do them. The first time I tried to do anything, it was this. It is not how the original activity went, but it kept him busy and me happy. I guess it worked.

My jerry-rigged fishing pole

The biggest container I could find, an old baby ducky bathtub, with alphabet magnets in it.

Rome trying to fish for magnets. It really didn't work. The magnets were so weak you couldn't "catch" anything.

It turned into a sorting game.

That works too. I want to keep doing this stuff. We will have to see how it goes.

2 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Wow, your kids are cute! (and you are such a good mom!!)

Brean said...

That is a really good idea to help him learn his letters! You are awesome mom! Don't you just love those duck tubs! They are the best invention-a must!