Friday, February 20, 2009

9 Months!

Oh my! He is that old already? I swear it was just yesterday that he was turning 8 months and THAT was old. He has been getting into so many things this month. We used the dog gate to section off the kitchen and we close all of the doors to the bedrooms and bathroom. I have had to move all of my pretty things and picture frames. He crawls everywhere and has become even more of a momma's boy. I didn't know that was even possible. I Really hope he grows out of it soon. At his doctor's appointment he was 19 lbs 6 oz(25%), 29 in. long(60%), with an 18 in. head circumference(50%). I knew he was losing weight, but I didn't know it was that much. I know they lose some weight when they start crawling, but his doctor said it is also because I am still nursing and I am probably not eating as much either. How did she know? Just this weekend I was telling my dad that I think I have lost weight, but not the good way, just by missing meals. I don't mean to. I am just so busy and have my hands full. I am really trying to remember my snacks and eat better so Rome can start gaining weight again. On a positive note, he has started eating again! Yay! His doctor suggested I don't give him as much and he will get hungry and then he will eat what I give him. And it worked! I have him eating pancakes and chicken and grilled cheese sandwiches and fruit and bananas and beefy rice. Ooo, I am so excited about this! Now, I only give him cereal and baby cheetos for a treat after all of the other good stuff. On to this week. He has had an ear infection and our house has not been a fun place. He does not sleep. Which means we Do Not Sleep. I tried to call his doctor and say that his medicine is not working, but they are closed Sat. so I will have to wait until Mon. Stinky! I am soo SOO tired! I have been cheating and sleeping with him in the guest room. I know, I am not supposed to, but it is the only way I have found to get at least 3-4 hours of sleep. Horrible, I know. I think it has to do with his ear infection and his new separation anxiety. I am thinking of getting a babysitter just so that I can take a 2 hour nap. I just might do it soon. No sleep can make you do really crazy things. I try not to leave the house.
Other than the no sleep, we really love our little guy! He is so happy and does funny things every day. I love having him around and spending time with him. I just wish he would sleep.
Wow, this is really long. Oh well, pics to come later.

No comments: