Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Craftiness

These are the crafty things I have been working on to keep me from going crazy and strangling Josh or Rome. (They didn't save Thor though.)

My Tree Skirt. I looked up how to make one online. I made my own pattern and picked out the fabrics and everything. The first pic is how it was while my sewing machine was broken. And then finished with my cute Santa on it. You can't really see but it has red swirls on the back. Oh, I just love it!

I decided my glider (that I stole from my Mom) needed to be recovered. You can't see the big hole I mended in the seat on the first pic. I measured, went to the store, found something I liked and the lady there helped me to figure out the rest. The top and seat were pretty easy, just like a shaped pillowcase. The armrests are a little funky, but they cover and it works. The only thing I was unhappy about was I tried so hard to get the pattern going the right way and it is upside-down on the top anyway. Pooh! It still looks way better though!

My Turkey Placemats. No its not all sewn together, but this is what it will look like when it is done. I think they are super cute. I was so worried about getting fabrics that matched that I made my friend Cathy come with me to help pick them out. I think they look pretty good. I am pretty sure I will be working on them for a long time, but having a sewing machine that works helps out a bunch.

I still have a tons of ideas for Rome's Busy Book, but that will just have to wait. I just don't have the time to figure out how to put it together. I am sure it will be great when I do though!

No comments: