Saturday, November 17, 2012

Preschool Snack

 I helped with Rome's Preschool Thanksgiving party yesterday. I signed up to bring a dessert. I searched for something cute, but most of what I found was Oreo's with Reese's and candy corns made into a turkey. I though that was too much candy for one snack. I found a cute one made of a sugar cookie and candy corn, but could not find any candy corn left at the store. So, onto second choice. I also found some cornucopia snacks. One was really cute with waffle cones bent at the end and filled with M&M's. I thought that might be too big also, these kids are only 4. Next up was the same idea only smaller.
Made out of Bugles, frosting and Trix cereal.  They looked pretty cute and the kids could help make them. Bonus! I used Fruity Pebbles too.
They were a hit as far as I could tell. The kids gobbled them up. Right after the frosted sugar cookies, and pumpkin cookies. 
I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of REAL food at this party. Stuffing, cheese and crackers, green bean casserole, broccoli with cheese, macaroni salad, blueberry indian bread.
The Halloween party was over the top ridiculous. WAAY too much food for kids to eat and SOO much sugar! Not that this surprised me. What got me was that the plates were loaded up, hardly touched and thrown away. Agh! Don't throw away food! Not even a plate full of sugary crap. Especially when others have not gotten any and you haven't touched it. (I was picking things off of untouched plates to share with Capri, because nothing was left.) Hello! Families were invited to this thing. 
I know. I have food issues.
This time, I brought baggies so untouched snacks could be taken home. I was glad that there was nothing much wasted that needed to be taken home. I hope the Christmas party goes that well. 

No comments: